As of late last year, P-Noy (Philippine President Benigno Aquino III) has already approved the Php 4.5 billion project. Construction will start late this year (Source).
|The current international airport in Puerto Princesa is looking forward to its make-over!|
By 2015, here are some of the new facilities to look forward to in the new international airport (Source):
- Passenger terminal building
- Control tower
- Administration & operation building
- Cargo terminal building
- Rescue & fire fighting building
- Connecting taxiways
- Upgrade of the existing 2.6 km runway and its strip
- Provision of new navigational and traffic control equipment.
Here's what the current airport looks like as of August 2012:
|The entrance leading to the departure area.|
|It's so crowded inside.|
|The beauty on the outside.|
I hope the new international airport doesn't disappoint!